Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Just Starting Out?



We are constantly having new ladies join our Pink Iron community... once you have been through the Pink Iron 101 class course, it is time to graduate to our regular group training classes. And these can be, well, sort of intimidating for a newbie. You can be in class with some pretty bad@** chicks doing things you've never even seen before like overhead squats, kipping pull-ups (huh?), or double unders.

You may watch them and say "wow, I'll never be that fast, or that strong, or be able to jump that high". Don't let those self-doubting thoughts fill your head... you found us because you are looking for something that will improve your health, confidence, and YOUR LIFE! Every single girl in Pink Iron had to start somewhere. If you talk to the same girls you are admiring, they will tell you that when they first started, they probably couldn't even do an air squat properly! It takes hard work and dedication to be able to reach those goals that each of our members set for themselves. These things don't happen overnight... but they do happen. As you settle in here, you find yourself getting stronger, faster, more coordinated. The added bonus of that is your pants will probably start fitting looser and you will see definition in your arms and abs.

It all just takes a little patience and a lot of confidence in yourself and your ability. You don't have to be the best, you just have to give it YOUR best, day in and day out. You're an awesome chick, just show up at Pink Iron and let us prove it to you.

Kara showing how it's done!


3 comments:

  1. that's me! love that photo. holly you are so right. if you'd told me when i met you in june 2011 that 9 months later i'd be able to do unassisted pull-ups, double unders, 24" box jumps, 113 burpees in 7 minutes, etc...i'd have said you were crazy. i couldn't even run the 400 meters to fountain without stopping and my arms hurt for days after doing green band pull-ups. PINK IRON WORKS. to all you new members, stick with it. you will be amazed at what you are capable of. love kara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know just how you feel! I'm where you were and on the journey to fitness. Inspiring to read your story. I look forward to posting my 9 month achievements. :)

      Delete
  2. I am not a gym rat. My taste in exercise runs to hiking or ballet class. BUT... I am in love with Pink Iron and cross-fit! I started going in December and get there 3 to 5 times/week. What I like is that every day is a different workout. That variation and the camaraderie is what keeps me coming back. Trainers/coaches are terrific (and nice). The other women in class are there to get fit. We have different goals and levels of fitness, but we all pull together to do our personal best. Things I didn't think I could do, I am doing - I am even becoming (somewhat) fond of the once dreaded burpees and plank! The best groupon I ever puchased was the one for Pink Iron! And yes, I am happy to roll up my sleeves and show you my newly defined triceps. #pinkpower

    ReplyDelete